We create meaningful textiles that are meant to last for years or even a lifetime to make you feel confident, satisfied and cozy, while integrating you in reciprocity with native communities in Mexico.
- We produce only handwoven textiles from biodegradable materials
- We do slow made and small batch, because we create with real humans. No factories involved in the process of weaving and tailoring!
- We focus on timeless designs and high quality. Items are meant to last for years or even a lifetime.
- We foster and maintain traditional art forms, listening to the knowledge of each artisan.
- We live and produce in the rural area.
- We put reciprocity in the front line
- You form part of the reciprocity as we invest 10% of the gains back to the communities.
- We support especially traditional midwives and health projects that foster the wellbeing in rural Mexico.
- We make special campaigns to support families in vulnerable situations.
- We do not bargain the wages.
- You don't just buy products. You support the resilience of native communities.
- Our artisan partners are autonomous and self organized working from their homes or home villages.
- We build long lasting all-inclusive relationships personally with them.
- Transparency is key. You deserve to know who made your clothes and our artisans deserve to be recognized.
Antama was born when we, Manuel & Anna, became parents of our first child. Wanting to share with others the possibility to foster the bond between the baby and caretaker, to help in the everyday by offering hands free experience and by enfolding us in the love of traditional textiles, we created Antama. It has been growing organically, at the phase of our family, now offering wearable textiles for all genders and ages.
For now we work in collaboration with 7 artisan groups around Oaxaca, we are 44 person working directly to Antama and our collaborations include projects with more than 200 families involved.
A N T A M A means “Given” in Finnish and comes from the first letters of our family members during the beginning of this project.
For us all that we have, these projects and the opportunity to work is a blessing given (antama) for us from Above.